Effective Date: December 18, 2019
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Site, such as when you contact us through the Site; and
- Our service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The Site is used to provide users with information about our services. The personal information we may collect from users includes contact information, such as your name and email address. In addition to newsletter contact information, we may also receive employment application information from potential employees.
When you use the Site, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Site (such as the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);]
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Site (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Site (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Signals
Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow the collection of information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online Site.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, Site, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Site and transactions conducted using the Site;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Design Workshop, users of the Site, or others; and
- With your consent.
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Cookies: Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all features of the Site.
Promotional Communications: If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
Web Analytics: We may use Google Analytics on the Site. For more information from Google about how they collect information see: How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps. Additionally, you may opt out of Google Analytics on a browser lever by installing Google's browser add-on, available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please see our [California Privacy Notice][INSERT HYPERLINK] for more information regarding your rights under California law.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Site is not directed to, and Design Workshop does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Design Workshop is based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
Design Workshop, Inc.
1390 Lawrence Street, Suite 100
Denver, Colorado 80204
Attention: Nino Pero